- To give a thrust to the co-operative movement of Odisha.
- To preserve and propagate traditional handloom art and crafts and thereby to promote handloom industry.
- To produce high quality handloom fabrics through its members and arrange sales of their products.
- To uplift the socio-economic condition of the poor weavers from economically backward classes including scheduled caste and scheduled tribe and women category of the society.
- To arrange for providing better educational facilities to the children of the weavers.
- To improve the skill level of the handloom weavers of the society and to increase their wage earning.
- To undertake production of extensive range of fabrics to capture the customers inside the country as well as abroad.
- To produce quality fabrics with attractive designs and competitive price.
- To produce exclusive varieties of exportable products to enter into the global market.
- To provide regular employment to maximum number of weavers under the handloom sector and thereby to improve their economic and social condition.
- To create scope for massive rural employment
- To provide sustainable livelihood support to the weavers including those from backward, SC and ST classes.
- To provide all possible supports to the organization to enable it grow & prosper under the sector.
- To create continuous worldwide avenue of Sambalpuri Handlooms by adding special identity to it
- The shoulder the responsibility for the social security of the poor weavers is the cherished goal of the society.